If there’s anything more satisfying than melting into the couch following a multi-course Thanksgiving dinner complete with all the fixings, it has to be shopping for the best deals of the season the day after in Capitol Region.
Hitting the shops on Black Friday has become a ritual that is as all-American as watching fireworks on the Fourth of July. And why wouldn’t it be, considering what a win-win it is for Maryland, Virginia, and DC’s customers and retailers alike?
Over the years, however, Black Friday has evolved. Stores that used to open at 6 a.m. now open at midnight, and Cyber Monday has entered the picture, offering bargain prices online the Monday following Black Friday. All of this means that getting the best deals now requires a bit of strategy.
- At Wellspring Insurance Network, we want you to get the best deals for your holiday shopping, so here are a few pointers for maximizing your experience.
- Be willing to forego the shut-eye. It’s a fact: stores open early. Accept that you will not get eight hours of sleep Thursday night (and remind yourself that your wallet will thank you).
- Do your research. Go online before the holiday and note who has deals on what and when. Remember to factor in your opportunities for Cyber Monday.
- Pick your favorites. You probably won’t have time or energy to go everywhere, so narrow your shopping store list down to focus only on your favorite stores or those that are offering sales on exactly what you’re looking for.
- Create an itinerary. Before you go, make a list of stores in order of priority based on times they open and items you want to snap up. Then, map it so you know your route.
From Wellspring Insurance Network to you, we wish you a very productive and enjoyable Black Friday!
Fun fact: Considered as the kick-off to the Christmas holiday season, Black Friday is often described as the busiest shopping day of the year. This has been true since 2005. The millions of Americans who shop on Black Friday have been keeping the streak alive for nearly seven years.