There are a few things every driver should keep in his or her vehicle to be ready to handle any situation. A little preparation can be the difference between a close call and a disaster. Read on to find out which items drivers find most useful to have on hand.
1. Jumper Cables – While they don’t top the charts for versatility, there is a very good chance jumper cables will come in handy, particularly if you live in a dry or cold climate. Jump starter boxes are even more convenient because they will get you back on the road whether or not there are any other cars around link up to.
2. Duct tape – Unlike jumper cables, duct tape has nearly limitless possibility and will certainly make itself worth the purchase next time you need to seal, bind, or attach something.
3. Tow rope – Again, there is no way to imagine all the ways a good sturdy rope could be of use. It’s often used for towing, so make sure you find something that is strong enough to handle the job.
4. Multi-tool – Save yourself some center console real estate and get a gadget with lots of mini-gadgets built in. Things to look for on a good multi-tool are a sharp knife, a tire gauge, and a screwdriver.
5. Small shovel – This one is of particular importance for people who drive in places with lots of snow. You’re guaranteed to feel no buyer’s remorse when you are digging your tires out of a snowbank.
6. Proof of Insurance – If you were to try to prepare for every disaster possible, your car would have no room for any passengers. That’s why good automobile coverage is absolutely essential. Contact Wellspring Insurance Network Inc. today to make sure you, your vehicle, and all its passengers have a reliable safety net.